We, the Civil Service Sports Council, are committed to preserving the privacy of all visitors to our Website. We are committed to ensuring that all services and activities made available via our Website are provided in a safe and secure online environment.
We are an organisation under the name Civil Service Sports Council (CSSC), our address is CSSC, Compton Court, 20-24 Temple End, High Wycombe, HP13 5DR. We are the data controller with regards to the personal information covered by this policy.
If you have any questions or concerns about your data, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
2. What Information may we collect from you?
We may collect and process the following Information about you:
· Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes Information provided at the time of registering to use our Website and Information relating to your game entry. We may also ask you for Information when you enter a competition or promotion, make a Customer Support enquiry or complaint or when you report a problem with our Website;
· records of correspondence, if you contact us;
· details of your visits to our Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the web pages and resources that you access; and
· information and communication on forums (if applicable) on the Website, for example, chat rooms and message boards
You must be over 18 years old to participate in the game. By joining the game you are confirming you are over 18 years old.
You acknowledge that the information provided by you may amount to personal or sensitive data and you give your consent to your data being processed as set out in this policy.
3. How do we use your Information?
3.1 Your information will be used for the purposes of the administration of this game.
3.2 We will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the Information you provide to us without your consent.
3.3 We will send you, via email, regular updates during the game, you can opt-out of these updates by accessing a link in the email.
4.1 A 'cookie' is a small text file containing small amounts of information which is downloaded to your device when you visit a website or use applications. The cookie enables the server to collect information from the browser.
4.2 We use the cookies on our Websites for a number of purposes, including:
1. to authenticate and identify you on our Websites and applications so we can provide you with the services you request;
2. to allow you to login to the Websites and to check that your computer is still logged in to the same session while you browse from page to page. While making updates, Information may be temporarily stored in a cookie until the transaction has been completed. This enables you to get the most out of our services.
3. to automatically collect Information about actions carried out on our Websites;
4. for ‘analytical’ purposes such as to keep track of user/customer browsing patterns on the Website and to build up a profile for a customised browser experience for you.
5. to deliver adverts and information more relevant to you and your interests and also to help measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns; and
6. to compile reports on Website activity and providing other services relating to Website activity and internet usage.
5. Security and privacy
5.1 We employ security measures to protect your Information from access by unauthorised persons and to prevent unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. Protection of your Information is a priority for us. Data on our secure pages is encrypted using Secure Sockets Layer ("SSL") technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
5.2 Any personal information which identifies you will be encrypted at all times whilst in transit over the internet. SSL is special protocol that automatically encrypts any information sent by you on our secure pages. This means that your Information, is turned into a code that can only be decoded with the private key or password. If your browser is suitably configured, you will receive a warning message when you first access any secure page on the Website. This is simply information to advise you that the Website is protecting your Information.
5.3 Unfortunately, the transmission of Information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Information as described in paragraph 6.2 above, it cannot guarantee the security of any Information that you disclose online. You accept the inherent security implications of using the internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless we have been negligent. For your own privacy protection, we encourage you not to include sensitive Information in any emails you may send to us.
6. Retention and disposal
We will not keep your personal data longer than we need to. Retention periods might be dependent on a number of factors including why the information was collected; how old it is; if there is a legal\regulatory reason to keep it and if we need it to protect you or us.
7. Your rights
You have the following rights over your data .
7.1 Right to request access to your personal information.
7.2 Right to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate.
7.3 Right to have your personal information erased.
7.4 Right to restrict or stop processing of your information.
7.5 Right to electronially move, copy or transfer your information.
8. Changes to our policy
We may modify this policy from time to time. Any changes to our policy will become effective upon posting of the revised policy on the Websites.